16-31 October 2012
The FARE Action Weeks aim to challenge discrimination and celebrate the contribution we all make to football – wherever we live, whatever our background.
The Action Weeks period includes activities that address problems, celebrate diversity and reach out across Europe.
The weeks allow us to stand together across Europe to present a unified stand for equality with football clubs, supporter groups, community groups and NGO’s all taking part.
Alongside activities by professional clubs and leagues, such as at the Champions League and the Europa League, the period brings together fans, minority groups and amateur clubs by giving them the opportunity to celebrate the inclusive power of the game.
If you are a fan group or a community organisation, you might consider one of the following actions:
- Organise a fan choreography inside your stadium
- Produce and distribute anti- discrimination materials at a match
- Develop an education workshop to be given to schools in your area
- Work with minority groups in your area on a joint project
- Use players (or ex-players) at your club to send out a message
- Develop an exhibition celebrating the diversity of fans and players at your club
- Organise a flash mob in a public place in your town
- Invite groups that are under-represented amongst your fans to a game
- Take a clear stand against racism, xenophobia, homophobia and sexism
Grants to help activities
To help organise grassroots events, FARE is able to offer small grants for activities that take place during the Action Weeks period.
The activities we are able to support include the production of campaigning materials (banners, flyers, fanzines, posters, t-shirts, stickers), the production of fan choreographies and flags, the organisation of stadium actions and community days and football- related intercultural events such as special matches, debates or tournaments.
The financial contribution we are able to provide is for a maximum of 400€. We are able to support around 200 groups. If you intend applying for small grants we ask you to observe following criteria:
- Your activity is directly linked to anti-discrimination or social inclusion by using football and takes place between 16 – 31October 2012.
- The activity aims at involving and empowering migrants, ethnic minorities and other target groups such as refugees, asylum seekers, LGBT communities, religious minorities or disabled people.
- Clearly set out your partnerships and how you will involve grass-roots organisations (fan groups, NGOs, amateur teams, etc)
- All activities should pay attention to gender equality and the inclusion of minorities
Application for Grants
Refer to the online application form and describe briefly your planned activity or event during the FARE Action Weeks.
The deadline to submit applications is 9 September 2012.
For more information contact the FARE office on email@example.com.
You may not require financial help, however we would encourage all activities that meet our objectives during the period of the Action Weeks. If you require further advice please contact the FARE partner co- ordinating the Action Week in your country or email us directly.